YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Pharmacy Manager/Clinical - AdventHealth - Kissimmee
Location Address: 2450 NORTH ORANGE BLOSSOM TRAIL KISSIMMEE 34744
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Kissimmee
- AdventHealth Kissimmee is an 83-bed community-focused hospital
- Conveniently located near Walt Disney World
- The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties
- AdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded to include a new medical office building, patient tower, and new main entrance
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time (8a-5p)
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Pharmacy Practice and Clinical Management
- Manages and oversees pharmacy practice programs, directs patient care services, and medication systems to provide reliable, comprehensive, and individualized drug therapy that is aligned with patient needs, evidence-based best practices, regulatory standards, and budgetary targets.
- Schedule and Labor Management
- Develops standards of performance to maximize staff roles in accordance with licensure.
- Manages, monitors, and evaluates staff performance in assigned pharmacy areas to ensure accuracy and quality of services, completion of all tasks, and mitigation and correction of deficiencies.
- Clinical Pharmacy Staffing
- Actively performs all pharmacist functions and maintains active proficiency in operational programs, dispensing and compounding activities, hospital computer systems and medication ordering systems, and established standard work parameters.
- Performance Improvement and Quality Outcomes Management
- Monitors pharmacy practice performance, patient care services, cost containment activities, and budgetary performance via objective parameters.
- Professional Practice Advancement
- Serves as a preceptor/educator for pharmacy residency and student experiential education programs, including maintaining proficiency in the four preceptor roles and active education/mentorship skills.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm D
- Three or more years of contemporary hospital pharmacy practice experience
- Current, valid State of Florida Pharmacist license
- Leadership qualities essential to operate effectively within the institution, develop and conduct training programs, and advance the practice of pharmacy
Primary responsibility is the front-line management of clinical practice and direct leadership of Pharmacy Clinical Divisions, including decentralized pharmacy practice, medication use systems, and patient-centered pharmacy services provided to hospital strategic business units and related specialty patient care areas. Manages the integration of clinical pharmacy services, drug utilization programs, and pharmacy operations throughout the institution. Ensures medication use is aligned with evidence-based best practices and regulatory standards by directly managing medication safety systems, regulatory compliance initiatives, patient quality services, and disease outcomes programs. Actively functions as a member of clinical pharmacy practice and interdisciplinary teams and proficiently delivers direct patient care, integrated operational services, pharmacist interventions, and medication therapy management to patients with a broad range of disease states. Directs the activities of pharmacists who work within assigned areas and oversees day-to-day staffing and pharmacist coverage of patient care service lines and care areas. Provides education to staff, develops and enforces institutional policies, and initiates development plans or corrective action as needed and in collaboration with other managers. Actively manages human, capital, and operational resources to collaboratively support patient care services, medication safety systems, regulatory compliance initiatives, and quality assurance programs throughout the Department of Pharmacy. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.