Requisition Number: NC3SE01578
Apogee Engineering is seeking an experienced Senior Risk Manager to be located at Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, NM. This position supports the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center (AFNWC) Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) Integration Directorate. The ideal candidate should have experience performing risk management activities in support of Department of Defense (DoD) weapon system acquisition.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of technical expertise across an array of Defense and National Security customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing, managing, and executing processes for tracking risks across the AF NC3 WS program populace.
- Coordinating with Program Executive Officers (PEOs)/System Program Offices (SPOs) to identify, analyze, report, and manage risks utilizing lifecycle risk management systems/policies.
- Aggregating and analyzing periodic risk report and mitigation plans being developed and executed through the owning program offices.
- Providing support to the Directorate, Divisions, or Weapon System programs as required by the Government.
What you will need to have:
- Possess experience performing Risk Management tasks consistent with AFI 63-101, Integrated Life Cycle Management and Risk Management Guide for DoD Acquisition
- Possess experience utilizing NC3 equipment in an operational environment
- Possess experience researching, developing and performing NC3 Risk, Issue and Opportunity (RIO) briefings at Risk Management Working Groups (RMWG) and Risk Management Boards (RMB)
- Possess one of the following education/experience mixes:
- Master’s Degree plus 10 years of relevant configuration management experience (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 18 years of relevant configuration management experience
- 22 years of relevant configuration management experience
- Possess a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently