Equipment Operator (Kirkwood, CA, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The Advanced Equipment Operator will operate a variety of equipment, trucks and tractors for the purpose of mountain and utility repair, maintenance, and construction of facilities.
- Housing: Currently Available
- Starting Wage: $20 / Hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability:
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Provide routine maintenance to slopes and operate all equipment used by the Mt. Ops team including but not limited to Skid Steers, Fork Lifts and Backhoes.
- Monitor all equipment and make sure that all issues are addressed promptly and communicated with Vehicle Maintenance
- Physical Labor will be required due to the broad scope of the jobs that will be done for the resort
- Will work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays. etc
- Able to take directions and work as part of a team
- Accurately troubleshoot equipment problems
- Plays helpful role and constructive role in training of new and developing operators
- CDL License - preferred
- HS Diploma or equivalent - required
- Heavy equipment experience - required
- Construction and excavating experience - required
- Utility installation experience - required
- Able to work until start of the winter season - required
- Able to work 10 hour days - required
The budgeted range starts at $20 -$32. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 459047