Requisition Number: SENIO01024
Universal Avionics continues to move the avionics industry forward with both the latest iterations of our flagship products as well as designing the next generation of technology to ensure easier management and safety of all phases of flight.
Our software engineers know the critical part they play in the development of sophisticated avionics solutions and are passionate about the safety of flight. Many new and innovative functions and features have been identified that will fuel development needs for many years to come. You will be joining a highly energetic and highly capable team of software engineers that pioneer and maintain the Universal Avionics product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, debug and review source code.
- Develop and review software requirements and design data.
- Integrate software with existing systems.
- Perform software change impact analysis.
- Independently estimate and complete work assignments in a timely manner.
- Follow established software development processes and procedures.
- Work effectively with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Investigate complex problem reports.
- Provide input to, and review product and/or system requirements.
- Fluency in both C and C++ programming languages.
- Ability to apply understanding of computer science fundamentals in data structures.
- Ability to apply understanding of computer science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Ability to apply understanding of computer architecture concepts.
- Ability to apply understanding of object oriented design concepts and design patterns.
- Ability to apply working knowledge of best practices for the full software development life-cycle.
- Ability to logically and systematically troubleshoot a problem.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient with personal computers and computer operating systems.
- Proficient with software development environments, programming and debugging tools.
- Ability to apply understanding of version control systems.
- Ability to write professional correspondence and effectively communicate information to other employees in English.
- Ability to apply understanding of mathematics (algebra, geometry, trigonometry, probability and statistics, logic, sets and number systems).
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to assimilate information from diverse sources to form a complete situational picture and develop a plan of action to accomplish a task.
- Ability to use process of elimination when diagnosing problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 5 or more years of experience in software engineering.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering.
- 7 or more years of experience developing safety critical software in the aerospace, automotive, medical or maritime industry.
- Significant development experience in C and C++.
- Knowledge and experience with Object Oriented design concepts.
- Skills in assembly language, C#, Java, Perl and/or Python.
- Experience or familiarity with DO-178B/C.