Senior Cloud Engineer/DevOps (GCP, Kubernetes, travel 35-50%)
Is automation more than just a buzz word? Are you comfortable explaining technology to others? Are you passionate about software development at work and at home? If your answer is “yes”, we would like to talk you!
Why you should join Dev9:
- Keep your skills fresh by working with some of the newest technologies and tools out there
- We are growing! Lots of opportunities for advancement
- Join a small, highly collaborative team
What makes Dev9 unique:
- We don't just build software; we approach development as a well-honed craft.
- We are experts who believe in being innovative while having fun and working continuously to refine our skills.
- We are committed to excellence in everything we do, from the technology we choose to the people who make up our team. With excellence as a guiding principle, we deliver quality results that ensure client satisfaction.
- We approach work with integrity. We do what we say we'll do, and we operate with transparency and honesty.
- We work cohesively and see each person at Dev9 as a critical contributor. We prize teamwork and support each other in providing the best results for our clients. No one on our team is superior to another - we help each other out, in the spirit of personal growth.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Dev9 consultants are responsible for working closely with our cloud partner on projects that can include project discovery, architectural reviews, architectural design & documentation, requirements gathering, proofs-of-concept, updating documentation, leading or participating in workshops and other project related activities. Projects are often on-site with clients and could be in the same town or require travel
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
- 7 years of applicable experience
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Cloud experience with a strong interest in learning Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker)
- Understanding and hands-on experience utilizing SDN is required
- 1+ years of hands-on experience building and working with cloud infrastructures including the lifecycles of resource types including virtual machines (GCE/EC2), Managed Services (CloudSQL/RDS, Queues(PubSub/SQS/Kinesis), Block Storage (SSD & standard, S3/GCS, hot/near-line/cold-storage)
- 1+ years of experience using Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack. Ansible is preferred
- Deploying and understanding of application lifecycles along with the state
- Willingness to travel 35-50%
Please visit: http:www.dev9.com to learn more about us.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. & No telecommuting