EvergreenHealth is seeking an Experienced Operating Room RN to join the well- established, dynamic EvergreenHealth Surgery team.
Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines. Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all perioperative patients in accordance with Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN), Joint Commission, and State of Washington standards of care, Nurse Practice Act, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- 1-year experience within the last 3 years of care delivery in a Main Operating Room or multispecialty Ambulatory Surgery OR setting.
- Proficiency in aseptic technique and surgical site infection prevention practices.
- Proficiency in the creation and implementation of Perioperative nursing care plans, including interventions to prevent unintended harm, such as wrong site surgery or retained surgical items.
- Understanding and ability to apply radiation and laser safety principles.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply the standards and recommended practices of the Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses (AORN).
- Proficiency in implementing safe sharps handling practices
DESIRED for the position:
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- CNOR Certification
- Scrub experience in three or more surgical specialties (e.g. Ortho, General Surgery, Urology).
Additional pay for BSN / MSN and CNOR.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union membership is optional.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
Please note this BSN requirement does not apply to current EvergreenHealth RNs hired prior to April 1,