EvergeenHealth is seeking an experienced Nursing Patient Flow Supervisor to join the well- established and dynamic Nursing Resources team.
Job Summary: This Nursing Patient Flow Supervisor is responsible for overall movement of patients in a safe efficient manner and ensuring optimal utilization of resources (including but not limited to staff, equipment and supplies) to meet patient care needs. Responsible as a single point of contact for staff, physicians and others for centralized patient placement and promotes patient satisfaction as a leader by demonstration of extraordinary service. Functions as administrator on duty to make leadership decisions, provide direction and oversight with operational issues for all hospital departments during evening, nighttime and weekend hours. The job works directly with the on call leadership team.
- Facilitates optimal clinical match of resources to patient needs by: assigning patient placement, collaborating with staff, physicians and ancillary departments to deploy staff; monitoring patient flow; directing and prioritizing activities to facilitate appropriate patient placement.
- Maintains prompt, ongoing and effective communication with administration, charge nurses and staff regarding admissions, discharges and transfers.
- Ensures a safe environment for staff, patients, and visitors; communicates and manages safety issues as soon as identified
- Manages the daily operation of the Staffing Office and ensures all staffing is appropriate.
- Evaluates all patient care areas to ensure appropriate allocation of resources and beds to ensure budget guidelines are met.
- Facilitates high productivity, staff satisfaction, and clinical excellence for shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
- Current State of Washington professional nursing license
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and JC regulations and requirements
- 2 years in a leadership role with recent supervisory or leadership experience
- Recent Inpatient clinical experience
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Previous experience in a similar role