Job Title: Principal Security Architect
Location: Santa Clara, CA, San Diego, CA, or Kirkland, WA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a key member of the Security team, you will be responsible for architecting, building and consulting on solutions related to securing our global cloud infrastructure that runs our SaaS product.
The Security team designs and implements the security infrastructure that runs our SaaS platform at scale with high availability. Working closely with engineers and developers across the company, the candidate will be responsible for:
* Research security technologies and products in the marketplace
* Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
* Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for network environments; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software encryption solutions; adhering to industry standards.
* Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies, preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys and encrypted data; providing technical guidance to engineering and support teams; completing documentation.
* Verifies system and application security by performing security assessments, code reviews, configuration and design reviews.
* Maintains security by ensuring we have adequate security measures that align with our compliance standards and policies; conducting incident response analysis when required, and working with leadership and technical teams on remediation plans.
* Helps define and scope new projects and programs, prepares presentation material including problem statements, proposed solutions, and business justification.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
The candidate should have a strong background in systems architecture and engineering, understanding of the components of software infrastructure, including hardware platforms, OS, virtualization, application, databases, web and application servers. Prior experience in software or systems development/engineering and managing large-scale server infrastructure is highly desirable. Strong Linux expertise is a must. Other requirements:
* Solid experience and skillset in working with Linux and/or UNIX
* Experience in working with or deploying identity management solutions (privileged access management and user behavioral analytics)
* Working knowledge of web application technology and API frameworks, authentication, and secure coding best practices
* Working knowledge of network architecture including routing and switching, firewall design and load balancing
* Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra or similar technologies
* Familiarity with Bind DNS, OpenLDAP, Apache/Tomcat, ElasticSearch, as well as security technologies such as Snort/Suricata and Splunk
* Familiarity working with load balancers, BigIP/F5 iRules
* Understanding of Apache/Tomcat; some experience with Java and JS is a plus
* Experience with threat modeling, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing is highly desirable
* Familiarity with virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies
* Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment
* A CS/EE degree with 8+ years of proven, related experience is required