THE BEST JOB YOU’VE EVER HAD
It’s not often you get the chance to change industries by bringing truly breakthrough technology to market – technology that not only disrupts existing markets but enables vast new ones. It’s hard and challenging work, but it’s also exciting, energizing, satisfying, and rewarding!
Echodyne’s Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) is changing the way people think about commercial radar. Built on decades of research, Echodyne brings high-performance radar to commercial markets and applications constrained by Cost, Size, Weight or Power. Drones, autonomous cars and trucks, heavy machines, even flying cars. To operate safely, these machines need sensors that work flawlessly across all environmental conditions. Echodyne has applied the physics of metamaterials to create a new category of sensor that provides the critical high-resolution, ground-truth data that autonomous machines and vehicles need to operate safely at any time and in any weather. Bringing this technology to market requires a team that works together.
Echodyne is seeking an antenna engineer with experience in test design and execution to join it’s electromagnetics team. The primary responsibilities of the role will be to develop and maintain antenna and radar test instruments and procedures, and to conduct tests and perform data analysis. The successful candidate will work in a hands-on environment inside the R&D group to develop and verify new test systems, and work alongside product engineering and manufacturing to transition these systems to full-rate production.
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer. We believe the strongest teams represent a diverse mix of people whose common denominator is passion and talent. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status or disability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- Design, implement, and document production antenna test procedures.
- Take ownership of existing test procedures and modify, as necessary.
- Contribute to internal R&D prototyping efforts, including antenna test and troubleshooting.
- Create procedures and documentation for releases to manufacturing, and participate in the training of technicians.
- Work with manufacturing engineers and technicians to troubleshoot existing equipment and process issues as they arise in antenna and radar system production.
Required skills / experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge of standard Antenna metrics and how to access them through measurement, such as return-loss, directivity, gain, and bandwidth.
- Extensive experience using RF test equipment, (networks analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, amplifiers, splitters and switches) at microwave frequencies up through Ka-band (40GHz).
- Experience using digital and analog test and measurement equipment, including oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, and logic analyzers.
- Familiarity with in ESD (electro-static-discharge) equipment and procedures.
- Proficiency in MATLAB for data analysis and test automation.
- Comprehension of ATPs, schematics, and technical drawings, and other technical documents used to produce electrical hardware.
Desired skills / experience (looking for one or more as a complement to the core skills):
- MATLAB experience interfacing with test equipment (via COM,PHY, GPIB, etc) including the use of GUI.
- Experience designing, building, and troubleshooting basic analog and digital circuits.
- Strong oral and written communication/presentations skills
- Experience in the design and characterization of electronically-scanned antenna arrays.
- Experience using antenna near-field measurement techniques.
- Proficiency in statistical techniques and analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience conducting radar tests with automated radar target simulators.
- Experience with machine general machine shop tools including milling machines, lathes, and routers.
- Experience with rapid-prototyping tools including 3D printers and laser cutters.
- Proficiency with CAD software such as Solidworks and AutoCad.
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics
Some of Echodyne’s technology may be controlled by U.S. export laws, and we must evaluate an applicant’s eligibility to handle export-controlled information or obtain required Government authorizations. Therefore, we will ask you as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or green card holder, or have asylum/refugee status in the U.S.
Additional Benefits We Offer:
- Multiple medical, dental and vision plans to choose from; select the ones that are right for you.
- Company paid disability and life insurance.
- Flexible time off; generous paid time off as long as business objectives are being met. Paid office closure days and sick leave.
- Lots of healthy snack options.
- Locker rooms/showers.
- Fun company events.
- Discounts on cell phone service, computers, movie tickets, travel and more.