Provides high level, complex administrative support to one or more Directors/Managers of a major department, unit or service. Represents management and/or unit's goals and interests and provides and/or coordinates functions involved with unit programs and services, budget, space, office and records management, etc.
- Provides direct administrative support to supervisor; coordinates office operations; prepares background information in preparation for professional commitments; keeps supervisor's calendar and establishes priorities; makes travel arrangements; coordinates arrangements for meetings at destination; screens, prioritizes and distributes mail, per department standards.
- Assists in devising unit standards/procedures to ensure adherence to organizational policies and industry standards, per department standards.
- Obtains and summarizes information from a variety of sources to prepare reports, budgets, or proposals.
- Promotes quality public relations between the units, patients, family members, referring practitioners, other organizational departments, and the community, per department standards.
- Serves as liaison between supervisor and other staff members or departments, transmitting information and assignments and requesting status, per department standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
- High School graduation or equivalent
- Depending on organizational location of position, 2 years of progressively responsible experience in office, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work, preferably in medical setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology Working knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel and Power Point) as well as general office procedures and office equipment (copiers, faxes, printers)
DESIRED for the position:
- Associate’s degree
- Completion of courses in a secretarial program or similar experience
- Experience with software, as per department needs (HBOC First Data, Cerner, EMR, HRIS, LaborWorkx)