Shipping Supervisor I
- Supervises and coordinates with all departments and sales the schedule for shipping and loading of trucks.
- Performs administrative duties preparing necessary paperwork for accurate billing of orders, correct inventories and complete personnel records.
- Takes inventory of product each morning prior to start up time and nightly after daily shipping is completed.
- Inspects all trucks for sanitation and temperature control before loading.
- Performs pre-op inspection prior to USDA daily inspection.
- Checks with Sales Department on loading schedule of trucks and pulls product to load accordingly.
- Completes bills of lading and all shipping documents on each truck loaded.
- Coordinates with USDA and Grading Service the use of any stamps needed on frozen orders.
- Oversees the stacking of ice pack product from roller bed to pallets in the cooler and holding room.
- Handles all pick-up orders through the cooler and gives proper weights to Sales Department for billing.
- Advises department supervisors of any product needs to complete the loading of a truck.
- Determines load distribution for each truck to achieve a legal load balance by axle.
- Requests necessary maintenance on equipment and performs preventive maintenance as scheduled.
- Supervises, trains and schedules employees for most efficient control of costs and overtime.
- Monitors safety in the department.
- Prepares all personnel, payroll and disciplinary paperwork.
- Maintains clean department and loading area.
- Rotates product as necessary.
- Performs other duties as required.
Key Working Relationships
- Coordinates with Customer Service the schedule for loading trucks.
- Coordinates with Packing, Freezing and Chilling and Prepricing regarding filling of orders.
- Advises department supervisors of product needs to complete a load which is short.
- Provides sales personnel of product amounts (boxes and weights) to be entered on invoices.
Academic: High school diploma or equivalent experience.
Experience: One year in shipping or related field.
Personal: Identifies with the values, philosophy and mission of Sanderson Farms, Inc.
Have some knowledge of D.O.T. regulations.
Ability to communicate with supervisors and haulers.
Knowledge of math and business machines to achieve accuracy in billing of product.
Must be able to organize and plan daily schedule for cost efficiencies.
- City: Kinston
- State: North Carolina
- Department: Processing
- Date Posted: February 12, 2020