OPERATIONS SERVICE MANAGER (FULL-TIME)
This is full-time position which offers excellent benefits to include: Medical & Dental Insurance (NEXCOM pays 70% of medical premium), Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Health FSA, Paid Annual and Sick Leave, Matching 401K Plan, Pension Plan, and more!
- Manages a variety of retail, services, and staff functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages operations which may include all or a substantial combination of outlying stores, personalized services, vending, food, automotive, warehouse, facilities maintenance, and administrative functions. Controls financial performance. Identifies and exploits areas of business opportunity.
- Provides guidance and assistance to the General Manager on administrative and operational matters. Recommends and implements approved changes in policies and procedures to improve operations. Collaborates with managerial personnel on procedural changes affecting the overall NEX operations.
- Responsible for inventory control, customer service programs, and operational reporting. Functions as Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) for various vendor contractors.
- Directly, or through subordinate supervisors, responsible for the full range of personnel disciplines.
- Analyzes financial statements and other pertinent data to evaluate operational efficiency. Develops and controls operating budgets to include direct and indirect costs, sales and profits. Conducts budget reviews and makes adjustments.
- Responsible for facility maintenance, equipment, facility improvement projects and fixed assets, etc. Ensures compliance with safety, security and fire prevention policies for all facilities.
- Carries out EEO policies and communicates support to subordinates. - Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Works under the general supervision of the General Manager.
- The incumbent of this position must file a Financial Disclosure Report (OGE) Form 450, as required
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: 3 years experience in responsible work which enabled the applicant to gain a general knowledge of merchandising/retail practices and processes; skill in dealing with others in person-to-person work relationships; and the ability to exercise mature judgment.
OR SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: 1 year of academic study, in a food or management related program, above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience, up to a maximum of a 4 year bachelor's degree for 3 years of general experience.
AND SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 1 year responsible experience which provided a knowledge of retail and/or service type operations, practices, procedures and merchandising, such as sales promotion; display of merchandise and/or services; developing and improving operational plans and controls; maintenance of inventory levels and stock controls, customer services; supervisory experience; and maintaining effective sanitation, security and safety regulations; or similar work which demonstrated the knowledge and abilities to manage retail and/or services area.