Position: Denials and Appeals Manager / Patient Financial Services
Hours/Shift: Full Time/Days
the Manager of Denials/Appeals is responsible for analyzing the validity of insurance denial reasons in a prompt and efficient manner. This position requires an expert in determining the optimal combination of making decisions regarding the denials and the best course of actions whether it be re-billing; appealing and working with the payor regarding system errors that are the result of denials; provides training and guidance to staff for the overall follow-up and coordination including the timely filing of responses and appeals.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent w/ some business-related college coursework.
- Experience: Three (3) years’ experience performing billing/collections in a hospital environment
Necessary Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding, reimbursement analysis, good written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology, Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task; Ability to lead a team to meet goals and protect the financial strength of the organization; Strong computer skills including Excel and the ability to interact positively with the public; Willingness and ability to become familiar with information technology in use at KRMC to the extent that it affects the revenue cycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement for full time employees
- 403b with matching contributions and Sick Time available to all employees
- On-site Wellness Center with fitness classes, personal training, indoor pool, racquetball and basketball courts
- On-site day care exclusive to KRMC employees’ children of all ages
- So much more!
Kingman Regional Medical Center is the largest healthcare provider and the only remaining not-for-profit hospital in Mohave County, Arizona. As a 235-bed multi-campus healthcare system, our medical center includes more than 1,900 employees, 270 physicians/allied health professionals, and 150 volunteers. Kingman Regional Medical Center is recognized as an innovator in rural healthcare, a teaching hospital, and a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. We provide a full-continuum of highly-technical and specialized medical services to meet the healthcare needs of our community.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore this opportunity with KRMC and apply online today.
For more information about our hospital and community, check out our brochure at: www.azkrmc.com/docs/Email-Recruitment-Brochure.pdf