Job Description Job #: 1007280
Apex Systems is looking for a full-time systems engineer for one of our technology services clients in the Greater Philadelphia area. If you are interested in learning more, send your over to [ Link Removed ]
Job Description: Systems Engineer
What We Are Looking For
We are interested in hiring a Systems Engineer to work as a member of our Service Delivery Team. This person will work daily with a designated Technical Consultant providing operational support, remediation, and enhancements for our most valued clients. In addition, the successful candidate will be capable of working independently on small scale projects in addition to identifying and acting upon IT best practices.
What We Value
We work as a high-performance team communicating freely and sharing ideas with our colleagues in all parts of the organization. We respect each other as technology experts, engineers and people. We listen and value diverse points of view as they enable us to broaden our thinking and problem-solving abilities. We demonstrate a strong awareness of our own behaviors and their impact on others. We are honest, open, and informal, and we try to make work fun while recognizing the seriousness of our work.
What You Will Be Doing
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
- Coordination and implementation of system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs and industry standards
- Working directly with senior technical engineers to implement new technologies and best practices through our diverse customers environments
- Minor project work as required for new or existing customers including new infrastructure hardware, software, and cloud solutions.
- Communicating with customers as required: keeping them informed of progress related to enhancements or individual incident activities
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise
What You Need for the Position:
- Significant Operational knowledge of multiple operating systems and services not limited to Windows Desktop and Windows Server versions
- Expert level knowledge with both on-prem and O365 implementation of Microsoft Office Suite
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Strong ability to diagnosis technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] -6178.