POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to an Operations Supervisor or Manager, the Shift Lead, Material Recycling Facility (MRF) is responsible for providing direction to recycling center staff to ensure that all tasks are performed in compliance with the Company's safety and compliance standards, as well as with all federal and state regulations. The Shift Lead also provides operational support and coordination throughout the recycling center.
- Oversees and performs various tasks/job duties related to the operational support and coordination throughout the recycling center, including but not limited to, inventory control, quality control, operational staffing and performance improvements, and inbound tip floor management.
- Provides direction to Sorters and other Recycling Center operations staff.
- Ensures compliance with all safety rules regarding Recycling Centers.
- Performs daily inspections of equipment and inventory.
- Maintains cleanliness of facility during shift.
- Increases production by minimizing down time and providing training.
- Distinguishes different types of recyclables (e.g., various types of plastic - PETE, HDPE; glass by color; aluminum from tin or bi-metal; paper - 5 to 6 grades).
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Commercial driver's license.
- Equipment maintenance experience.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company's safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
- 2 years as a lead sorter.
- Expert on running the line.
- Can operate the Harris Baler.
- Skid Steer Operator.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1 years related experience in equipment operation and/or recyclery.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.