Gallery Host (Guest Services Agent)
The Gallery Host greets guests, processes check-ins and check-outs, issues room keys, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Processes guest bills and collects payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process guest check-ins and room assignments following the hotel’s rate structures, discounts and sell/upsell strategies. Accommodate special requests when possible.
- Process check-in/check-out and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Answer inquiries about hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, etc. Assist guests with check cashing, safety boxes, additional guest room keys, transportation, etc.
- If necessary, walk guests in a professional and courteous manner and in compliance with policies, procedures and brand stands.
- Pre-register, block reservations and, as appropriate, take same day and future reservations. Cancel room reservations according to policies and procedures.
- Ensure release of any Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported through proper channels.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Check with manager/supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- One to two years of customer contact experience.
- Guest service, basic accounting, and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to correctly process check-ins and check-outs, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Ability to processes guest bills and collects payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to compile facts/figures in a timely manner, identify and investigate issues, and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistently professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient and simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort
Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment. While performing job duties, the associate speaks, listens, completes documents, processes requests and operates office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier and fax. Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer participates in E-Verify.
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, If necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Important: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9.
In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, this employer uses E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph.
If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).