Requisition Number: AIRCR06288
Do you have mechanical experience with both trucks and heavy agriculture equipment? Are you willing to operate material handling equipment including skid steer bucket and forklift and pallet jack? Do you have a Class-A CDL with tanker endorsement or willing to obtain one? If you said yes to all of these questions, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
This entails monitoring vehicle inspection and performing light to moderate truck and ag equipment repairs/maintenance. This position will also assist in plant/warehouse duties consisting of stocking and retrieving package and bulk containers, skid steer bucket & forklift, repairs and maintenance, and general housekeeping. Must enjoy working with a diverse customer base in a fast-paced setting.
Key Skills and Abilities Include
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Clean and valid driver’s license with CDL and tanker endorsement. Or willingness to obtain one.
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred).
- Knowledge and/or experience with trucks and heavy agriculture equipment.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills with customers and fellow employees.
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including skid steer bucket and forklift, pallet jack, and other equipment as required.
- Ability to bend and lift boxes and bags up to 65 lbs.
- Willing and desire to work overtime hours during busy seasons.
Key Personal Attributes Include
- Maintain a neat appearance and convey professionalism to customers.
- Willingness to work as a team and assume any task when requested.
- Possess quality decision-making capability and mental alertness to ensure safety.
- Must be reliable and punctual when reporting to work.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include
- Safe operation of a company vehicle.
- Location Shop Mechanic to provide mechanic services to both trucks and heavy agriculture equipment.
- Make sure vehicles are ready for vehicle safety inspections.
- Maintain up-to-date vehicle maintenance and service files.
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs on all vehicles.
- Meet and complete all WECO regulatory safety requirements.
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary.
- The person should be versatile, flexible, and willing. Can effectively multi-task.
- Able to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook.
- Help maintain shop/warehouse/yard cleanliness.
- Notify Branch Manager immediately of equipment issues and product spills.
- Present a professional image to our customers through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness.
- All other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Helicopter Mechanic Agriculture Helicopter Mechanic Agriculture Helicopter Mechanic Agriculture Helicopter Mechanic Agriculture Helicopter Mechanic Agriculture Helicopter Mechanic Agriculture Helicopter Mechanic Agriculture