Bradley Fighting Vehicle Mechanic
Req Number: AFHC-18459
Bradley Fighting Vehicle Mechanic
35645 STANLEY DR, STERLING HGT-MI011
The US Army is currently exploring the insertion of leading-edge technology into their legacy fleet of vehicles to improve the situational awareness, agility, and lethality of ground-based combat operations. This effort presents a unique opportunity for former warfighters with base vehicle maintenance and repair experience to participate in the research and development efforts that will shape future battlefield combat platforms.
ASRC Federal is seeking former military Bradley Fighting Vehicle motorpool mechanics to conduct the maintenance and repair operations on a fleet of Bradley Fighting Vehicles in a military laboratory setting. These mechanics will work hand in hand with government engineers at the US ARMY Detroit Arsenal in Warren, MI to aide in their mission to develop ground-based future combat systems, thereby transforming warfighter operations for many years. ASRC Federal seeks experienced Bradley platform expertise to contribute to the success of experimental military and commercial technologies, allowing former soldiers to give back to our current warfighter. This work is dedicated to advancing technology in ground vehicle systems and enhancing the survivability of our troops.
- Complete vehicle disassembly, reassembly, and verification of functionality and proper operation.
- Determine serviceability of vehicle systems, assemblies or sub-assemblies, and the need for repair.
- Analyzes malfunctions by visual and auditory examination or with the use of test equipment such as scanners.
- Repairs, adjusts, overhauls, or replaces major assemblies or sub-assemblies such as engine mechanical, electrical, air-conditioning, fuel, emission, power train, brake, steering and suspension systems.
- Repair components by replacing worn or damaged parts with new or reconditioned parts.
- Perform preventive and special maintenance.
- Uses technical publications to understand and maintain vehicles to prescribed manufactures' specifications and maintenance schedules.
- Perform special inspections and maintenance on vehicles requiring updates. - Develop and follow instructions to integrate unique components into existing ground vehicles.
- Properly document all activities as required by task and for reporting purposes.
- Adhere to all established safety policies and standards maintaining a safe work environment for all. Provide support driving and performing PMCS's for wheel and tracked military vehicles. Ability to utilize extensive experience in the major areas of heavy-duty vehicle systems and repair consisting of diesel and gasoline engines, automatic transmissions, drive systems, steering, suspension, brakes and electronics and heating and ventilation air conditioning systems.
- Computer experience: Strong in MS Office including Excel and Word and the ability to complete expense reports and time sheets online.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds
- Works well in a team.
- US Army Ground Vehicle mechanic experience.
- Experience with TIG/MIG welding and fabrication.
- Bradley Fighting Vehicle (BFV) turret experience.
- Bradley Fighting Vehicle mechanic (BFV) experience.
- FST experience on US ARMY Ground Vehicle Systems.
- Experience with Bradley M2A2, M2A3 and BFIST a plus.
- Knowledge of electrical test equipment for ground vehicles.
- Knowledge of VDMS (Vehicle Diagnostic Management Systems).
- Active Secret Clearance for immediate hire.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five years (5) experience as a mechanic in a motor pool or commercial maintenance.
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver License (CDL-B)
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement in Executive Order 14042 and FAR 52.223-99 is currently not effective. But please note that if those or other related requirements become effective, positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s). ASRC Federal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.