Intermediate Maintenance Tech (Keystone, CO, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
To function as a team member within Maintenance and other Department. Ability to make competent decisions while thinking of the customers and resorts interest at all times. Use skill-based knowledge to perform assigned tasks in a professional manner at all times with focus on efficiency and quality of work. This position can cover many departments pertaining to repairs upkeep and preventative maintenance as requested. People skills planning, execution, control, communication are essential in completing tasks efficiency and keeping department informed on work status. Vail resorts core values are necessary to succeed in this function.
- Assure that the integrity of the resort assets is maintained.
- Abide by all safety rules and regulations from corporate, State and Federal.
- Comply with preventative maintenance programs for rooms, public areas and equipment, with automated system as supplied.
- Provide training to Tech staff when required in job specific tasks (As specialized).
- Computer skills necessary: Will be trained on all applicable company and engineering maintenance systems.
- Coordinate projects with sub-contractors when required.
- Order and maintain stock for critical equipment for assigned areas using the purchase order system.
- Follow all safety procedures and alert supervisor to any unsafe conditions that may exist.
- Work with other departments and area managers as required for property improvement.
- Possess your own basic hand tools and keeps them in a safe functional manner at all times.
- Maintain job logs updated daily.
- Maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Repair and replace parts, piping valves and other fittings, dry wall application, painting and other repair and maintenance duties.
- Good knowledge in appliance installation, general mechanics, wood work and troubleshooting of same.
- Knowledgeable with plumbing, electrical, controls systems, kitchen equipment and HVAC.
- Knowledgeable on Lock out tag out procedure, OSHA, EPA and MSDS.
- Planning, organizing and controlling are key attributes to succeed in this function.
- Attend training classes for job specific skills as required.
- Maintain good attitude and people skills even during high-pressure situations, be a good leader.
Other duties as assigned related to function may not be listed above.
The budgeted range starts at $18.50-$19.50. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 284577