Hospitality Operations Intern
Req Number: 34547
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
Hospitality Internship Program Includes
- Ten to twelve week structured Internship in hotel operations disciplines including, but not limited to Front Office, Housekeeping, Human Resources, Marketing and more!
- Opportunity to gain real-life experience in the hospitality industry through hands on training in hotel industry
- Professional development and targeted growth opportunities through frequent feedback and coaching
- Meetings with leadership team
- Hospitality Intern’s will work closely with the General/Operations Managers handling the day-to-day responsibilities of key frontline roles such as Housekeeping, Front Desk, and more
- Learn the operational workings of each department through hands on practical experience, observation of team members, participation in meetings, asking questions, and special department projects
- Spend a minimum of 10-12 weeks rotating between various departments, executing and observing day-to-day work in assigned departments
- Assist with onsite events including pre-planning, setting up & breaking down
- Meet regularly with your property coach/mentor to discuss your progress and learning opportunities
- Actively identify new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities
- Comply with company policies and procedures of each department in satisfactory manner
Education & Experience
- Currently enrolled in college, pursuing degree in Hospitality Business or equivalent
- Desire to be on a career path to a Hospitality Leadership role
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent analytical and creative thinking skills
- Self-motivated mentality
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities and multiple products to hit timelines
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements, including nights, weekends and holidays
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here opens a pdf file.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Kimpton Key West Hotels