Orderly – Wood River – St. Luke's
The Orderly is responsible for assisting personnel in daily operations of Surgical Services.
Essential Job Functions (typically up to 10)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares operating rooms with needed equipment and ensures all equipment is working properly.
- Assists with the setting up of the operating room beds and helps with the positioning of patient if needed.
- May transport patients and floor beds to their assigned rooms.
- Transports equipment, specimen, supplies, and medications.
- Assists with cleaning of the operating room.
- Cleans equipment and maintains storeroom.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: (Minimum qualifications required for the job)
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: 0 years' experience.
The Surgical Services Department is looking for a positive, upbeat individual who can work in a fast paced environment.
Our employees enjoy many benefits, some of the most popular are tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and hospital-supported on-going training and education.
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 13,500 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Our employees are dedicated to impacting the lives of those in our community while pursuing a life- changing career at St. Luke's. Our staff is the reason for our outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and superior healthcare organization. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue in the same tradition of excellence.
With multiple locations in the beautiful southern and central Idaho, our mild, four season climate means you can play outdoors year-round. Whether you prefer leisurely walks along the river or heart-pounding climbs up a sheer cliff- there is always something to do after work. An exciting mix of urban and outdoor life defines Idaho's culture, you can ski in the morning and watch a college sporting event at night. It is a great state to raise a family and forge lasting relationships. The cost of living is low, and quality of life is high.
If you're looking for a place where you can grow in your personal life, in your career, and in your community, St. Luke's may be just the place for you.
“One of Truven Health Analytics® Top 15 Health Systems – IBM Watson Health 2017“
- St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.