PeaceHealth is seeking a Office Coordinator - Rehab Therapies for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 178877
Responsible for answering the telephone/receptionist duties, registering patients, scheduling appointments with appropriate health care provider, entering demographic and financial data into patient record, maintaining record systems, collecting statistical information, and providing support to clinic or hospital staff. Provides departmental expertise regarding billing systems and regulations. Responsible for management of referrals and tracking visits for optimum utilization.
- Interacts with payers and subcontracted providers to facilitate service authorization and payment.
- Competes and updates statistical reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis for clinic or hospital leadership.
- Coordinates vacation/time-off of front office staff in accordance with departmental and hospital/clinic policy.
- Manages daily appointment schedules.
- Performs billing activities and provider relations and support.
- May direct duties of office staff including receptionist, registration and medical records activities.
- Assures other clerical staff adherence and completion of daily operational tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Two years experience with CPT coding, billing in a physician office or hospital business office.
- Physician or Rehab office experience with patient scheduling preferred.
- Medical billing and coding ICD-10/CPT knowledge required.
- Medical terminology required.
- Proficiency computer skills including Microsoft Office applications required.
- Familiarity with provider scheduling templates required.
- Experience working with electronic medical records and scheduling systems preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance policies, and applicable government and legal regulations and standards required.
- Familiar with insurance billing.
KETCHIKAN PHYSICAL/ CONGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 66% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Ketchikan community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Ketchikan, PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center (301)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $19.73, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Ketchikan || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Clerical || Full Time || REHABILITATION SVCS
Nearest Major Market: Alaska
Nearest Secondary Market: Anchorage
Job Segment: Office Manager, Rehabilitation, Medical, Clerical, Social Media, Administrative, Healthcare, Marketing