For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Lab Technician – Enderlin, ND
This is a salaried non-exempt level position.
The ideal candidate maintains ADMs high standards for Safety and Quality while maintaining production and efficiency excellence. Successful candidates will be good communicators who can nurture outstanding relationships as part of a self-directed work team. They will have the ability to identify and decisively solve problems as they arise and maintain records in accordance with established ADM policies.
Health, Safety & Environmental:
- Facilitate and ensure adherence to safety regulations, rules and sound practices.
- Coordinate and participate in audits, prioritizing and tracking completion of findings.
- Ensure that unsafe behavior and conditions are corrected.
- Perform Safety audits and set the example for safety.
Quality and Production:
- As necessary, manages and oversees equipment operations of final product systems as part of a self-directed team.
- Collecting, distributing and physical testing of production/load out samples. Ability to prepare and test product using standard laboratory equipment.
- Performs light maintenance and calibration on all laboratory equipment to ensure equipment is in optimal working condition.
- Continually compares test results with standards as required to insure that all flour is within specification and communicating proactively when product is not within specifications
- Recording, interpreting and maintaining on-going records of test results within LIMS system. Generating/managing Certificate of Analysis documentation to ensure timely release of product to customer. Maintains records in accordance with established ADM policies and procedure
- Ability to review prerequisite programs, preventive control documentation and participate in recall proficiency exercises.
- Maintains samples of tested product in order to confirm test results when necessary
- Optimize efficiency and product quality in accordance with budgetary parameters
- Communicates effectively with other departments, external vendors, transportation group as well as customers.
- Proactively seeks and supports the plant goals and vision in accordance with ADM Milling's strategic vision
- Bases all decisions, perform acts and personify self in the best interest on the company
- Proactively support operational excellence initiatives.
- Assist in training and developing operational and quality team members.
- Participation in facility GMP program and have the ability to audit to food safety standards.
- Ensure the facility maintains world class sanitation standards.
- Prepare the facility for, and participate in, regulatory/third party/customer/company audits.