Requisition Number: COMME02675
Summary The Commercial Lending Assistant will suggest possible services, answer loan related questions and assist Loan Officers by pre-qualifying and screening loan customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide outstanding customer service;
- Facilitate loan application process by interfacing with customer in accepting completed applications;
- Field customer inquiries, requests and issues related to loan and deposit accounts;
- Open accounts;
- Review complex files;
- Request documentation from borrowers;
- Facilitate borrower requests for line of credit advances and draws;
- Coordinate loan closings;
- Identify potential problems with credit tracking exceptions and compile required documentation;
- Discuss products in the absence of Loan Officer;
- Field inquiry calls for and review applications with Loan Officer;
- Assist lender with processing and collection of overdrafts and past due loans;
- Act as liaison between Loan Officer, branch and loan processing, if applicable;
- Assist branch manager as needed;
- Answer phones, as needed;
- Perform teller transactions, customer service representative and personal banker job duties as a backup; and
- Perform other work related duties, as assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to type 45 wpm;
- Must be able to operate 10-key;
- Must be able to perform basic reading, writing and math skills;
- Must be able to complete normal transactions with limited supervision;
- Must be proficient in computers and Microsoft Office software;
- Must have working knowledge of office equipment;
- Must have the ability to handle large amounts of money without error;
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and customer relation skills;
- Must have attention to detail and mental concentration for accurately performing tasks;
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Must be able to handle frequent interruptions; and
- Must be able to pass background and credit screening process.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and
- Two (2) years’ customer service, banking and lending experience required.