Medical Lab Tech
Established Independent Laboratory Seeking a Medical Lab Tech to join our team in Kernersville, NC!
MLT: LJP Lab, a Laboratory located in Kernersville, NC is looking for an extremely motivated individual to perform diagnostic testing on patient samples and analyze test results for accuracy, acceptability, and critical limits to aid physicians in the diagnosis or monitoring of patients. This is a multidisciplinary role that will require working in chemistry, hematology, toxicology, and molecular laboratory sections. This position will be in our Kernersville, NC location.
Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria Monitor, operate, and troubleshoot instrumentation. Perform testing on biological samples, quality control samples and proficiency samples making measurements and calculations. Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving. Prepare, test, and evaluate new reagents or controls. Perform preventive maintenance and quality control with appropriate documentation and communication. Troubleshoot problems or deviations in normal operation or performance of testing materials or instrumentation. Perform required QC/QA duties including following quality control rules; monitor controls for error detection and take corrective action; maintain laboratory records, maintenance logs, quality control charts, reagent and standard logs, and worksheets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, or Chemistry or Associate Degree in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry combined with successful completion of a clinical laboratory training program
- Valid ASCP certification preferred
- Experience in clinical chemistry and hematology a must
- Experience with molecular techniques including RT-PCR a plus
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work independently within a team and strong attention to detail
- Work Tuesday-Saturday, hours to be determined
Competitive Benefit Package Includes:
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Generous PTO
- Company Paid Holidays
- And more!