Continuous Improvement Engineer
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, and Club Monaco, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
This position will be leading various teams through change and focusing on continuous improvement areas throughout the business. The position requires an understanding of wholesale, retail and direct-to-consumer business functions. This person will assist in prioritizing ALL projects related to the Supply Chain operations as well as assist in determining potential new initiatives.
The ideal candidate will also possess knowledge of standard business processes related to systems, and order fulfillment processes. This individual will assist in managing the project work and budget acting on variances from the plan as well as bringing the initiatives to closure, documenting process flows by creating a body of knowledge, and suggesting improvements for future changes. They will manage priorities with the business, take on large projects themselves as well as oversee the initiatives that the direct team will be involved with or leading.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and implement process improvements by utilizing Continuous improvement tools including Kaizen Events, Value Stream Mapping, Cause and Effect Analysis, Process Controls, Visual Controls, Flow Production, variation reduction and waste elimination.
- Set up and drive the framework conditions so that innovation and CI is encouraged in the organization and can take place successfully.
- Lead ongoing CI / Lean improvement projects with Ralph Lauren operations.
- Identify and scope new process improvement opportunities in the areas of quality, cost, and service that support business goals.
- Partner with business partners to drive, analyze and provide new improvements to associated processes for all of Ralph Lauren facilities.
- Drive and maintain an overall process flow library related to detailed operational flows including high level business system interfaces.
- Produce effective, professional user communications for both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of All Supply Chain Operational processes; Wholesale, Retail, direct to consumer Customer Contact business processes
- Must be able to quickly learn multiple businesses processes
- Must be able to effectively partner with multiple internal departments and external team members to ensure solutions meet all business needs.
- Must be able to work with Information technology and financial departments to ensure business requirements can be properly supported.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
§ 10+ Years Logistics Operational / technology product management is required
§ 7+ years of experience leading project delivery for large, cross functional programs
§ Experience developing operational processes and technology solutions in Wholesale, Retail, and E-Commerce distribution.
§ Working knowledge of Process Improvement methodologies, such as Kaizen, Business Process Management, Six Sigma, etc.
§ Experience with managing, training, coaching others on process improvement methods and supporting the change management process.
§ Strong facilitation and project management skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
§ Demonstrate broad knowledge of direct to consumer fulfillment and wholesale distribution processes.
§ Excellent analytical, communications, and interpersonal skills.
§ Demonstrated ability to deliver strategic and tactical results from inception to completion.
§ Proven verbal and written communication skills, presenting to senior executives.
§ Bachelor's degree is required, MBA or advanced degree is preferred
§ System knowledge preferred (WM (PKMS), WCS, SAP, OMS and JDA).
Continuous Improvement Engineer
- < Back to search results
Apply now Share Share Continuous Improvement Engineer with Facebook Share Continuous Improvement Engineer with Twitter Share Continuous Improvement Engineer with a friend via e-mail
Sign up to receive job notifications.