As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop and manage the propellant systems team to design, develop, and test the propellant systems for the New Glenn upper stage. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Take leadership and manage a team of engineers, technical designers, and other roles who may be direct reports, assigned from other groups, or contingent labor
- Lead the team to design, develop, integrate, and move into production several propellant related systems. Project phases include conceptual definition, design, structural layout, analysis, integration, test, and mission support
- Manage the employee life cycle of team members including hiring, performance management, training, and career development
- Manage the day-to-day and long-term tasking of the team
- Act as project manager and lead engineer to manage the team's scope and meet cost, schedule, and technical goals
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for propellant systems
- Assist with setting the direction for future development within this technical area
- As required, the manager may also provide direct technical support to the program as an individual contributor.
- Passion for Blue Origin's mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 6+ years of experience with launch vehicle, aircraft, or spacecraft fluid systems
- Significant knowledge of fluid components such as valves, regulators, tubing, and fittings
- Experience managing a team
- Knowledge of the processes and tools and standards used in aerospace
- Expertise level depth in one or more areas or aspects related to this position
- Must be highly organized
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience with cryogenic systems including hydrogen and oxygen
- Experience in multiple phases of the product life cycle (examples: concept, development, qualification, flight)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.