As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will program and operate robotic processing machines to produce high-value aerospace components. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects in working with design engineers to characterize, improve, document manufacturing processes and the resulting hardware quality. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Produce quality hardware per engineering drawings
- Jog and dry-run robot to set up processing
- Operate Kuka robotic system for production processes
- Robotic system programming, both at the machine control and with offline software
- Provide manufacturing feedback to design engineers
- Provide process improvement feedback to process engineers
- Safely work within an industrial environment
- 8+ years of direct experience
- Knowledge of laser safety practices and experience in the operation of robotic-based systems
- Excellent blue print reading skills including GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard
- Familiar with using precision measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, etc.
- Ability to set-up and precisely position large scale hardware
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export-controlled technical information
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Kuka robotic language (KRL) online programming
- Robotmaster offline CAM programming
- Mastercam and Alphacam experience
- Ability to operate manual machine tools (basic lathe, mill)
- Crane operator/ lift coordinator experience
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.