Robotics Area Maintenance Manager, Mon-Fri Days
Facility Manager, Robotics
Take your career to the next level by joining a high-energy team of problem solvers and innovators. JLL is partnering with Amazon’s fulfillment network to ensure that buildings under our oversight operate at peak performance. We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada. Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As Amazon continues to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we’re looking for people like you!
The Facility Manager, Robotics provides leadership and direction to a team of highly skilled technicians in managing a fleet of robots within a 24x7 logistics environment. This position is responsible for achieving the expected level of service delivery as described in the Service Level Agreements and measured by the Key Performance Indicators. This role will also manage the PM team consisting of approximately 6 highly skilled technicians performing preventative and predictive maintenance. Additionally, the expected levels of service delivery must be achieved at the lowest possible cost and within the prescribed budget for each facility. The FM, Robotics will provide coverage support for the FM, MHE during PTO and other time off.
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior. Responsible for performance of a team of technicians over multiple shifts or a large scale facility to perform maintenance and repair on client equipment and facilities systems.
- Drive performance as measured by client’s Key Performance Indicators including 100% uptime, rapid response to unplanned events and an injury free workplace.
- Monitor and analyze metrics to drive site and technician performance and improvement Using Excel, SCADA, CMMS and other software packages. Identify trends/deficiencies, develop and implement corrective actions.
- Responsible for network wide communication, including setting up conference calls and using wiki style websites (ie: SharePoint, Remedy, etc).
- Strong soft skills with a demonstrated ability to manage and deliver client expectations, manage technicians, etc….
- Establish relationships with client Site Leads, business partners such as EHS leads and FM clientele to establish trust and credibility in the delivery of Facilities services
- Resolve FM issues at sites under purview, escalating when needed
- Provide engineering guidance to Technicians as needed to ensure operations are aligned with site and portfolio goals and values
- Develop and manage operating expense budgets for relevant sites including monthly variance reports
- Initiate purchase order requests for goods and services for sites within responsibility
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers to deliver goods and services against contracts and expectations
- Administer training to ensure compliance, readiness and competency of staff
- Drive and promote safety culture within portfolio including subcontractors, suppliers and visitors.
- Work with Senior Facility Manager to oversee the delivery of maintenance and repair services.
- Ensure client satisfaction with delivery of Facility Management services and provide a lead role in monitoring and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Support the Senior Facility Manager in the implementation of short and long-term projects for the client as requested.
- Manage shift level KPI and performance indicators including Robotics Floor health.
- Primary resolver/responder for leading technician teams to recover the facility from unplanned downtime events
- Lead on site incident investigation, utilize structure problem solving to identify root cause of failures
Client Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with Client General Manager and Operations team by providing a seamless interface to client; must have superior leadership skills, sense of urgency, bias for action, attention to detail and creativity
- Primary interface with client representatives. Collaborate to determine client expectations. Ensures delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction with JLL performance.
- Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions for service delivery.
Leadership/ employee management
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
- Develop a strong collaborative team-based environment.
- Ensure compliance with JLL minimum operational audit and safety standards
- Assist in the development and management of the detailed, zero-based annual operating budgets
- Import JLL best practices in the interest of exceeding client goals and expectations
- Complete all performance reviews, both mid-year and year-end, on a timely basis. Ensure that individuals that do not achieve excellence or show significant performance problems are coached and put on improvement plans. Work with HR to ensure proper performance management steps are taken.
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field preferred with a minimum 3 years’ experience in Facilities Management in an industrial environment containing conveyance, robotics, process control and powered trucks in a distribution and/or manufacturing plant.
- Experience with managing teams of 10 or more, budget responsibilities, supplier management, problem solving, and client/ customer relations.
- Relevant training in Material Handling Equipment, Controls Systems, Powered Industrial Trucks as well as general building operations
- Must have solid knowledge of Robotics, conveyance, high speed Sortation systems or Industrial Automation
- Experience required using CMMS systems and reporting
- Experience in root cause analysis including 5 Whys, Fishbone, FMEA or equivalent.
- Lean or Six Sigma understanding.
- Requires strong project management skills. Must be able to run multiple projects at one time.
- Experience in communicating within a network environment.
- Demonstrated communication skills written and verbal including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Must have strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Word and Office
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to align, motivate and lead a team including creating accountability
JLL is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]