Production Supervisor / Manager Trainee - Kenosha, WI
Choose your path. Silgan believes in promoting from within - Opportunity starts here. Our Vision and Values of leadership, quality, integrity, and collaboration provides the foundation of Silgan Containers.
This foundation is why we are the leader in metal food packaging, and why we are an essential part of Americas food chain.
Silgan Containers the largest manufacturer of metal food containers in the U.S. isseeking highly talented leadersto join our Manager Trainee Program. As a Production Supervisor/Manager Trainee the successful candidatewill learn and understandthe five Key Plant Control Factors of Safety, Quality, Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Relations, and Operational Excellence. Launch or enhance your career in production management, apply today.
The Silgan Containers Management Trainee position and the Silgan Containers Production Management Development Program (PMDP) will train highly motivated & qualified individuals to assume Plant Supervisor or higher management positions within the organization. The position requires solid technical & mechanical aptitudes. The position will also require strong communication and leadership skills.
The Silgan Containers PMDP is designed for Management Trainees who are self-motivated individuals that work well with little to no supervision. The position is designed to assimilate both entry-level through mid-level Management Trainees into the Silgan Manufacturing environment over time.
While the position will not have any immediate subordinates, this candidate will be required to learn, understand, and positively impact 5 Key Plant Control Factors; Safety, Quality, Standard Operating Requirements, Employee Relations and Operational Excellence Tools.
Essential Job Functions:
- Learn and train personnel.
- Learn and apply written safety procedures.
- Observe work areas for safety improvements.
- Review and learn investigative processes.
- Learn and apply SPC principles & Basic Quality Tools (diagrams, flow/run/control charts, analysis, etc.)
Standard Operating Procedures
- Learn and train procedures
- Learn and maximize production throughput.
- Learn and manage equipment.
- Learn factory organization.
- Enforce SOPs.
- Learn & review standard reporting.
- Develop & mentor employees.
- Direct & assign work.
- Administer Labor contract in union plants.
Operational Excellence (OpEx)
- Learn and administer established standards.
- Personal inspection of work force, material usage & production.
- Analyze reports.
Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager