The Custodian/Stockroom Associate is to ensure merchandise is processed in a timely manner into and out of the Receiving Room and/or ensure store is cleaned and maintained on a regular schedule.
- Alert management when shipments arrive and accompany management in receiving/unloading freight. Prepare receiving area
- Assist management with scanning in all freight and identify damaged/tampered boxes
- Assist freight carrier driver with properly staging cartons
- Stage and sort merchandise
- Determine with store management what merchandise is a priority to be processed
- Perform merchandise processing techniques (i.e., batch processing, speed hanging, flip and clip)
- Relay merchandise to the sales floor based upon store management direction
- Pick up hangers/sensors tags from cash wraps as needed
- Remove sensor tags received on Store-to-Store Transfers that are inappropriate for store
- Process outgoing Store-To-Store Transfers Recalls and Damages
- Process 10 cartons per hour
- Aid management in moving fixtures and other floor moves when needed
- Help assemble, or breakdown new/old fixtures as needed
- Aid in hanging outside banners or in-store signs
- Vacuum and spot-clean carpet.
- Clean restrooms, store entrance, break room, Team-One and fitting rooms, Trash pickup/disposal outside
- Sweep and mop floors where and when appropriate
- Dust in high, out of reach areas
- Replace light bulbs as needed. Identify ballasts in need of repair to management
- Maintain and organize sign holders/signs
- Maintain cleaning supply dock
- Clean all interior/exterior glass and windows
- Check exterior sidewalk for cleanliness daily.
- Schedule- The start time for the Custodian associate is generally one hour prior to store opening
- The Custodian is to vacuum and perform other major cleaning before Guests begin entering the store
- Aid in hanging outside banners and in-store signs
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to read and evaluate merchandise presentations and other reports
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Guests, associates, job applicants, etc.
- Must be able to stand and walk continuously for up to 6 hours
- Must be able to climb a utility ladder to reach shelves and walls that are as high as 9 feet
- Must be able to bend down to handle and move merchandise and other objects
- Must be able to grasp, lift and move objects weighing up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to grasp and manipulate small objects, such as pricing or security tags; must be able to use a pen and/or a keyboard
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of all expectations, activities, duties or responsibilities, which may change at any time, with or without notice. Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.