The Team Lead is responsible for leading a group of employees in a specific function/task, typically in a single division. They are responsible for supervision and training of a group of employees or agency temporary workers to complete tasks within their area of skill and expertise. While this role does not administer discipline or make decisions regarding compensation, their input on the performance and challenges of the team to RPM is necessary. As such, this position should understand all current challenges and progress of project and communicate frequently and appropriately with management. This role should hold a level of expertise sufficient to problem solve and drive process improvement. The Team Lead may assume responsibilities under direction of management to gain experience necessary to become an assistant project manager/project manager. This role may hold dual responsibilities of leading a team and performing specific tasks/function like that of the team members.
- Organization and assignment of tasks to meet project targets or deadlines
- Provides safety leadership, responsible for identifying risk, and ensures that all workers are trained on health & safety including any required certifications such as powered lift equipment, working at heights, etc.
- Completes safety tool talks weekly and at other intervals as necessary
- Careful tracking of people and resources such as materials, equipment, and tools
- People management & coaching
- Training and monitoring worker performance
- Forecasting production and resources needed
- Communication with management - updates on team and individual performance.
- Communicating any employee issues to management, and/or project challenges.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, and following up on direction from management.
Technical expertise as required based upon the tasks/function being managed e.g. interpreting plans, specifications, and drawings; good knowledge of assembly, use of hand tools, and powered lift equipment
- Ability to organize resources & tasks and manage to a schedule
- Demonstrates accountability of self and others
- Ability to influence others to do their best work while respecting each team member
- Ability to work with diverse personalities and to communicate professionally with clients, suppliers, management, employees, and temporary agency staff
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing needs and customer requirements
- Sense of urgency, but able to manage stressful environment while maintaining professional demeanor
- 75-100% travel
Education & Experience Required
OSHA 10, 30, Red Badge (AR), construction/manufacturing safety experience
Ability to manage small to medium groups of employees (up to 25) with multiple deliverables
Ability to run small teams while performing the job tasks alongside the team
Ability to communicate effectively with team members and management
High School Diploma/GED
Education & Experience Preferred
- Trainable, hungry to learn
- Experience problem solving in ambiguous environments
- Organized in communication
- Experience with powered lift equipment
- Inventory management experience