Job ID 30012546 Date posted 09/14/2020 City Kennesaw State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
CAG11: ALC Other HG 1025 Cobb Place Blvd, Kennesaw, GA, 30144 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of HVAC, refrigeration, fire, security, and building automation technologies. These high-technology products and services enable modern life by delivering efficiency, safety, and security across several platforms!
Automated Logic is a total energy solutions provider. For more than 30 years, we have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort. Through our global team of company branches and independently-owned dealers, we offer industry-leading technology with local, on-the-ground service that is hard to beat. Automated Logic is a part of Carrier.
Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented engineer to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
The incumbent is responsible for all technical aspects of the project and ensuring that their assigned projects are turned over and successfully completed on-time for the complete energy management system. This includes but not limited to the development of scope of work, producing control schematics, wiring diagrams, sequences of operations (SOPs), methods of procedures (MOPS), schedules, software design, 3rd party integration, graphics, engineering documents/checklists, programming necessary to implement the project, and at times performing remote/on-site checkouts/commissioning. They may communicate directly with fellow team members, the customer, contractors, and/or outside Engineering Consultants to confirm project requirements and otherwise insure the project is implemented to the satisfaction of the customer.
Specific responsibilities related to project design for this position include:
- Use company or customer design standards to create project shop drawings per project documentation.
- Read and understand project specifications and MEP drawing sets
- Selects materials including DDC modules, field sensing and control devices, dampers and valves to meet the project requirements, specifications, codes and customer standards.
- Submit material order forms for all project required materials to the purchasing group, if required.
- Utilize company or customer standard programs for designing the graphic function blocks for assigned projects
- Tests the project's programs to ensure they meet the specified sequences of operation and that they perform according to industry standards
- Inspect HVAC system including point-to-point, determining the proper operating ranges for field devices, as well as complete functional system checkouts
- Create project database utilizing company and customer standards
- Conduct graphics engineering functions which includes: creating equipment and floor plan graphics per project documents, create Automated Logic's graphics submittal packages as required, review graphics as a completed package, for completeness and accuracy, develop and maintain graphic library, and participate in solution of job-related graphic problems
- Completes each assigned project focusing on customer satisfaction and specification compliance while trying to maintain budgetary guidelines
Specific supervisory responsibilities for this position include:
- Timesheet review, approval and tracking
- Expense report & approval
- First level mentorship and training
- Project status management
- Ensure deadlines are met or updated as necessary
- Ensure tasks are completed
- Ensure estimated remaining time is updated
Education / certifications:
- College degree preferred
- BA/BS Engineering degree with 5–8+ years relevant experience
- MA/MS Engineering degree with 2–5+ years relevant experience
Experience / qualifications:
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with engineering design programs such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Visio, etc.
- Knowledge in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC/Control preferred
- Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation preferred
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice