ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
The primary purpose of this position is to work with customers to determine their analytical needs, coordinates with laboratory and administrative staff to ensure that these needs are understood, and ensure that the service provided to the customer adequately meets these defined needs.
- Maintain and grow client relationships through professional communication
- Manage and interpret customer requirements – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate, and meet their needs
- Manage projects from initial scope development to final data delivery.
- Identify and resolve client concerns; recommending a course of action to alleviate these concerns in the future. Communicate these concerns/issues to lab management.
- Respond to client questions and requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Report findings and results back to client.
- Keep client informed of new developments and lab services.
- Provide quotations and job specifications for specific work.
- May participate in specific marketing activities (i.e., trade show booths), if appropriate.
- Identifies and communicates to management on new marketing opportunities and other issues.
- Work with client and lab to define project specifications. Communicate project schedule to lab.
- Project setup entry in LIMS as defined by the client.
- Coordinates with laboratory staff to provide exemplary service to customers
- Work with Sample Management to ensure proper container quantities/type are provided.
- Review incoming work to ensure work requests are properly specified according to project requirements.
- Track projects through the lab keeping client and lab personnel appraised of progress.
- Prepare, review, and approve invoices for specific work orders.
Reporting and QA/QC Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent reporting formats for clients.
- Review reported data against historical results for consistency.
- Responsible for meeting QA objectives for specified projects.
- Approve certified analytical reports.
- Bring problems or issues relative to work to the QA Coordinator, Lab Operations, or Lab Management for study and resolution.
- At times may be involved with QAP development.
- Review client reports to make sure that all components of the report are present.
- Works closely with SMO, Lab Operations, QA/QC, and administrative staff to keep everyone informed as appropriate on client issues and projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to use (or learn to use) LIMS and other computer software for logins, program specs, invoicing, and other required tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prepare quotes and basic proposals.
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
Required Education and Experience:
- Degree in Chemistry or any related science
• 2 years of experience in an analytical laboratory, or 5 years of experience in an analytical laboratory with some college coursework in sciences.
- Previous Experience as a Laboratory Project Manager is preferred.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience in preparing for, and leading successful client visits/meetings.
- Working knowledge of state and federal environmental compliance regulations.
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing environmental laboratory reports.
- Experience in operating analytical instrumentation a plus.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management, and clients.
- Able to sit, and/or stand for 100% of an 8 hour day.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment.
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society“
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster