ASSISTANT WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR
LKQ Corporation Kearny, NJ
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting the Warehouse Manager in all warehouse activities. This position may also be a shift supervisor, whereby they are the only supervisor in the building.
Essential Job Duties:
* Oversee all depts. pertaining to production, sales, administrative, and distribution and make recommendations as needed
* Involved managing human resources for all depts. by hiring, terminating, and reassigning as required in addition to scheduling for coverage
* Interact with customers for better service needs and implement changes approved by the Plant Manager accordingly.
* Help to formulate procedural changes to ensure correct handling of products and services.
* Oversee quality control and recommend and implement changes as necessary.
* Participate and/or facilitate monthly plant safety meetings.
* Administer disciplinary action as necessary.
* Help maintain communication within plant, Region, and company networks.
* Acting Plant Manager in absence of Plant Manager.
* Other duties as required.
* 2 years warehouse related experience required.
* Forklift certification beneficial.
* Should possess special skills in the operation of a forklift in negotiating the lift in close quarters. Must be familiar with warehouse methods, techniques and procedures.
* Must be able to work in cooperation with others.
* Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
* Must be able to apply basic principals of management; i.e. plan, organize, direct and control.
* Must possess knowledge of human relations and be able to apply tact, diplomacy and common sense.
* Possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Must be able to schedule priorities and exhibit time management skills.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: This position requires individuals to constantly be on their feet except when operating machinery. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly. They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and withstand heights of more than 15 feet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled