We are looking for a focused, driven self-starter to work in a highly dynamic, cross-functional, complex IT environment. The Altenate Information System Security Officer (AISSO) will represent the ISSO as the IA liaison to assigned information systems; the candidate will interface with the ISSO, Information System stakeholders, and upstream and downstream assessment stakeholders to perform security duties.
The AISSO is responsible for helping Information Systems achieve and maintain their Authority to Operate (ATO). Information system missions include supporting national security and search and rescue missions. Information systems operate across various technology platforms and environments, including DevOps, cloud, and traditional data center. The AISSO reports directly to the Front Office Project Manager, while independently engaging in enterprise and system-level cybersecurity-related engineering tasks.
The successful candidate should have: experience performing assessment-related tasks; expert verbal and written communication skills; ability to interpret NIST and DoD guidance; and experience with industry tools, such as STIG viewer, ACAS, and eMASS.
· Conduct focused compliance assessments for information systems according to guidance from NIST, OMB, DoD, DHS, FISMA, and internal policies.
· Identify common and inheritable security control applicability across a variety of platforms and applications.
· Analyze DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) implementation compliance and associate checklists to NIST SP 800-53 security controls
· Conduct comprehensive manual security control testing, document examination, and staff interviews for security controls not covered by STIGs or inheritance
· Analyze scan results from scanning tools (Nessus, SIEM, ACAS, and so forth) to identify additional information system vulnerabilities; verify scans against approved hardware/software and server lists to identify where gaps exist
· MUST possess familiarity with FedRAMP inheritable controls and cloud-based security principles
(Chesapeake location is an option).
AISSO - Cybersecurity Engineer (Sr Level)
Alpha Omega Integration