At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
The work we do at AES is vital to improving millions of lives every day. Take the next step in your career and experience our flexible and wide-ranging opportunities. Challenge yourself to continuously improve and innovate, broaden your expertise and build relationships with a diverse network of professionals.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 500 global power company whose mission is to improve lives by accelerating a safer and greener energy future. We provide affordable, sustainable energy to 15 countries through our diverse portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities. Our workforce is committed to operational excellence and meeting the world's changing power needs. Combining deep local insight with a global presence and more than 30 years of experience, AES has a proven commitment to ensuring operational excellence in providing electricity to its customers.
This position will be located at a Coal Fired Power Generation Facility. The primary duties will be focused in Safety Management for the site.
- Lead activities and efforts around EHS-related incidents and investigations
- Identify and build action plans and strategies through analytics
- Maintain compliance with legal and regulatory EHS requirements
- Maintain and continually improve the EHS Management Systems
- Direct, develop and deliver safety, health and environmental training programs
- Contribute to achieve EHS targets in support of business objectives.
- Acts as a lead person or technical expert on complex projects
- Position will be primarily focused in Safety Management at the site
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience in an electric distribution business or a power plant (preferred)
- Possesses a passion for Environmental Health and Safety
- Possesses understanding of safety programs, understands how to operate with them and knows why they are in place
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of an organization
- Ability to build effective relationships; possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to review, analyze and draw conclusions from data; effectively use the conclusions to make and communicate key recommendations
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Good communication
- Has an attitude that “finishes the work“ to a high level of professionalism
- Must be able to and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in EHS or related field preferred
- 2-5 years related experience minimum
- Demonstrates alignment with AES Values, cultural foundational elements and our WE ARE AES principles
We are the energy that improves the lives of over 100 million people through the many benefits that come with electricity.
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.