Garney Companies, Inc.
Kansas City, MO 64118
A Staff Accountant position is available at Garney construction in our Kansas City office.
Garney Construction is an established but growing nationwide construction company specializing in water pipelines and water treatment plants. Being 100% employee owned drives the Garney culture and history of success. This position will be located in our corporate headquarters and newly remodeled office in North Kansas City, Missouri.
The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records, working with other members of the Garney Corporate Financial Services group and construction operations managers.
- Perform general cost accounting and other related duties
- Maintain the general ledger
- Provide outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit
- Maintain knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounting data
- Post job cost transactions and journal entries
- Review and reconcile accounts
- Comply with and make suggestions for improvement to data entry and organization policies
- Train and be a resource to others
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Reports to Corporate Managers, Directors, and Officers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with SQL, Power BI, and/or similar is preferred but not required
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Medical & dental insurance
- Options for FSA & HSA
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long-term disability insurance
- Retirement planning
- Paid time off
- Service awards
- Incentive (bonus) program
Garney Construction is a 100% employee owned construction company servicing the public, private and industrial sectors. We specialize in water and wastewater piping systems, treatment facilities, and water storage facilities. Our company has thrived on philosophies of integrity, excellence and fairness with our customers. From our beginning in 1961, we have been a people-oriented firm. We believe in finding the best people, letting them do their best job and rewarding them by making them shareholders in our organization. Garney is a great place to work and prosper. Additional information can be found at www.garney.com.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact company recruiter at 321-221-2825 or firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. GARNEY IS COMMITTED TO A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. ALL NEW HIRES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS A DRUG TEST AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. View the EEO is the Law poster: English – Spanish ;
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Garney Construction participates in the E-Verify Program. Please click on the below links for more information.E-verify: English - SpanishRight to Work: English - Spanish