As a Senior Software Engineer on Cerner's Investor Owned & Federal team, you will analyze, design, code, debug, test and modify new software or enhancements. Create strategic technical designs for small scope projects, provide high-level architecture guidance and develop specifications to resolve software problems. Consult with stakeholders on current functionality and complexity of adding features. Estimate effort for current and future projects of small to medium scope. Debug complicated issues that span multiple modules, involve complex concurrency or low-level problems. Propose and lead process improvements projects for development, deployment or application monitoring.
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, related field or equivalent and relevant work experience
- At least 3 years of software engineering work experience
- CCL knowledge including record structure, file extracts and database updates
- Knowledge of Discern Rules including clinical decision support and trigger events
- Web development experience in Node Package Manager (NPM), Angular and React
- Millennium/Mpage integration function knowledge including XMLCCLREQUEST and traversing JSON and XML objects
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% as needed
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the Kansas City Metropolitan area