SOM KC General Surgery
Surgery General - Temps
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
This position will work closely with various clinical staff members and researchers at the University of Kansas (KU) Hospital and KU Medical Center (KUMC) to assist in the successful development and completion of clinical research studies. The Research Assistant will perform data collection, research documentation, subject enrollment. The position will primarily support the Trauma Administration Research Coordinators and Project Manager.
Must have a Bachelor's degree in a basic science or health-related field. Relevant experience may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year-by-year basis. Excellent organization, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel and powerpoint) Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams, including physicians and administrative staff with varying levels of education and knowledge of health care practices.
One year experience with research or within the healthcare field. Data management experience with Microsoft Excel, REDCap, CRIS, Access, or other electronic data capture systems. Experience with electronic medical records and working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Work with the Director of Trauma Research to assist with research coordination which includes data collection forms, and entering data for various departmental research.
- Review necessary research documents, such as protocols, data collection forms, Institutional Review Board (IRB) documentation, abstracts, presentations, and manuscripts preparation.
- Assist in the administration of clinical research trials by ensuring completion of numerous research activities, including participant enrollment and data collection and chart review.
- Maintain complete and accurate research documentation, including electronic medical records, participant files, case report forms, databases, and study binders follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) for department and research.
- Assure compliance with all relevant IRB and other regulatory agency requirements. Maintain HIPAA compliance per KU Hospital and KUMC institutional policies.
- Allow for schedule flexibility that may include collecting data, consenting participants, or performing study duties.
- Participate in activities related to specimen collection, specimen handling, processing and shipping.
- Cover Letter
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Pay Rate Type: