Renewable Project Manager - T%26D (Kansas City)
Our Transmission &Distribution global practice is looking for a Project Manager to help grow ourrenewable business and manage transmission and substation design projects,ranging from 12-kV to 500-kV. An entrepreneurial spirit and strong leadershipabilities are a must.
The Project Manager willmanage, direct and coordinate all aspects of work related to greenfield andbrownfield projects at collector stations and switching stations and anytransmission components. The Project Manager will be responsible for the profitand loss of individual projects, the successful completion of projects withinspecified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional andsatisfactory relationship with the Owner, subcontractors, regulatory agenciesand other project stakeholders. Additionally, Project Manager will assist inpursuit of new renewable clients and serve as an Account Managers with directmarketing efforts responsibilities.
Major responsibilitiesfor the Project Manager will include:
- Prepare proposals, assist in presentations, and participate incontract negotiations;
- Leverage existing client relationships, create new clientrelationships and focus on repeat work within each Account.
- Serve as project point of contact with Owner regarding effortssuch as client coordination, strategic planning, scope management, andbudgeting
- Provide overall management of projects from concept to completionincluding siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering,right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement,constructability reviews, material management, construction management, andcloseout.
- Develop and monitor project schedules, manage scope, and controlproject costs.
- Assist with internal project financials (detailed, accurateproject cost forecast and accruals), staffing, legal coordination, riskmanagement, change management, and human resource issues.
- Serve as primary point of contact with client regarding effortssuch as client coordination, strategic planning, master scope management,budget finances, subcontracting, project staffing, environmental compliance,facility support and schedule attainment.
- Manage all aspects of project communication
- Develop and implement project policies and procedures, establishproject controls systems and implement the project execution plan.
- Work closely with the Project Team to ensure deliverables andservices are being provided to clients satisfaction and that projects arefollowing internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule metrics,procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions,potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support.
- Travel to client and project locations will be expected. Estimatedtravel commitment is 25-50%.
- Candidates for this position must have a Bachelor's degree inengineering, construction management or related field from an accredited curriculum.
- Minimum of seven years of utility substation or transmissionproject experience with at least 3 years related project management experience.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry,government and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to travel.Valid driver's license required.
- In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain theCompany's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor VehicleSafety Policy.