Please note, this position will be in the Ray-Carroll Counties in Missouri.
A career at Easter Seals Midwest is more than a job -- it is an opportunity to make a positive difference in people's lives every day. Parent Educators are the link to the community for those they serve and is one of the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we provide every day. The people that carry out this rewarding, care giving support play an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization.
The Parent Educator works with families to develop skills and become strong influences in the lives of their children.
- Develops resources for parents to overcome barriers and develop positive parenting skills.
- Conducts all applicable assessments according to schedule.
- Organizes and implements activities that keep children actively engaged and instructs the family on methods to continue these activities.
- Ensures accurate documentation of data and client records in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Provides resources for families to connect through community resources and services.
- Serves as an advocate, protects and promotes child's rights.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with other service organizations in respective counties.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations, clients, or groups.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and reliable.
- Accept personal responsibility for mistakes, seek self-improvement and take initiative for self-improvement.
- Must remain professional at all times and demonstrate good judgment.
- Must have ability to work without direct supervision or as a part of a team.
- Should be able to proactively seek feedback from others to improve work processes and levels of service.
- Must be able to promote inclusion of family and significant others and demonstrate respect for families' values, beliefs, and goals.
- Must be able to manage and embrace change.
- Education: A bachelor's degree in early childhood education, child/adolescent development, or related fields required.
- Experience: 5+ years related work experience in the areas of early childhood education/ development preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled