The Payroll Manager is responsible for leading the payroll team, providing oversight to ensure payroll is processed timely and accurately, and partnering with HR, Legal and Finance to provide a knowledgeable voice for payroll compliance issues. Key job responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the full-cycle, in-house payroll operations for UMB Financial Corporation and its subsidiaries with 10 legal entities, over 3,500 employees and 34 state jurisdictions.
- -Develop, implement, and monitor procedures to ensure integrity of bi-weekly pay cycles and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Review and approve federal, state and local tax returns and payments.
- Review and approve general ledger and bank account reconciliations.
- Accounting and variance analysis for payroll transactions.
- Oversee the preparation, reconciliation, distribution and submission of Forms W-2.
- Respond to regular and ad hoc reporting requests.
- Recommend payroll system enhancements to comply with laws, regulations, tax requirements, reporting procedures, accounting policies and organizational needs.
- Investigate and resolve complex or unusual payroll problems, which may require specialized research and analysis.
- Provide technical direction to the payroll team conducting various payroll activities and ensure compliance with established procedures.
- Analyze proposed legislation affecting payroll .
- Lead the integration of any newly acquired companies into the payroll system.
- Other duties as assigned.We strive to deliver the unparalleled customer experience, and show customers they can count on more from UMB. The same is true for our associates. You can count on more benefits, more training, more support, and more opportunity!
What you'll get:
Unique Benefit Programs : We offer a great benefits package including several unique programs like an incentive-based wellness program, parental leave, adoption assistance and health care for you, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents and even your pets!!
Professional Development: We provide our associates with the tools they need to support their career goals - including training, tuition reimbursement and career guidance.
Community Involvement: Giving back is a big part of who we are! We support several great causes throughout the UMB footprint. We even offer Volunteer Time Off, which allows associates to dedicate 16 hours a year to a worthy cause of their choice.
Culture of Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a strong UMB by hiring talented, high-performing associates with diverse backgrounds. Maybe you simply want to work at a company where you have a voice and an opportunity to share your unique ideas.
Please visit us at careers.umb.com to view a list of all available opportunities. UMB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only. No 3rd parties or agencies, please.