Cerner is seeking an Interface Engineer to join its Interoperability team!
Cerner's software products are recognized as some of the most interoperable systems within the Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) industry. The Interoperability team is focused on establishing connectivity between disparate HIT systems at a local, regional, or national level to allow information to flow freely between care settings. This information is used by Providers, Nurses, and Care Teams to make better decisions when caring for the patient.
As an Interface Engineer on the Interoperability team you will be in a client facing role with the responsibility to implement Interoperability products for Cerner clients. You'll be involved in the design, build, testing, and go live phases of multiple Interoperability projects. This may include some additional scripting to conform to another systems specifications. Time management, communication, and critical thinking skills are key to maintaining relationships with client and to provide them with the highest level of service.
You will also work with internal teams to continuously improve processes and procedures around deployment of interoperability products. Cerner's products communicate in HIT standards-based formats such as HL7, IHE Profiles, Direct, or SMART on FHIR.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with Command Line in Linux
- Experience with Microsoft.Net, Java, Python, or Jython scripting languages
- Strong communication skills used for advising clients on technical problems
- Experience with IHE profiles (XDS.b, XDS-I.b, XCA)
- Experience with HL7v2 standards
- Experience with JSON or SMART on FHIR
- Travel will be less than 20%
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.