This position is located in the Division of Risk Management Supervision, Kansas City Region, of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in examining the information technology facilities of complex financial institutions and regional service providers.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
- Plans and directs the supervisory efforts at complex financial institutions (FI) and regional service providers (SP).
- Conducts Information Technology (IT) examination functions of SPs and FIs information technology functions. Recommends plans and programs designed to correct deficiencies in the operation of the organization where deemed appropriate.
- Prepares memorandums, reports, or examination follow-up including remediation actions.
- Provides guidance and training as needed for examiners conducting IT examinations. May conduct outreach events and field office training.
- Updates the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's (FFIEC) IT Examination Handbook, research papers on emerging IT technologies, updates of examination procedures and related training materials.
75% or less - May require extensive overnight travel.
- Job family (Series)
0570 Financial Institution Examining
Conditions of Employment
There is 1 vacancy to be filled in the Kansas City Region. If the selectee's current duty location is outside of the Kansas City Region, they will choose from the Des Moines, Kansas City, Omaha, and Minneapolis offices at the time of application. If the selectee's current duty location is in the Kansas City Region, they will remain in their current location.
Completion Of Financial Disclosure May Be Required.
Moderate Risk Position – Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
Employee may be relocated to any duty location to meet management needs.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
To qualify, applicants must have completed at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the 12 grade level or above in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience performing information technology examinations of insured depository institutions, information systems, and data centers and gathering, analyzing, and interpreting such items as financial data, system performance and security reports, and information technology related policies and procedures.
Applicants must have met the qualification requirements (including selective placement factors – if any) for this position within 30 calendar days of the closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.