Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U.S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
- Performs and coordinates design, development, evaluation, analysis, and/or quality control functions on advanced and complex engineering projects; and develops solutions to technical problems specifically assigned or as they arise by applying advanced mathematical, physical science, and engineering technologies.
- Assesses process and equipment capabilities and establishes controls.
- Specifies, initiates, and coordinates acquisition of manufacturing resources and techniques. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
You Must Have
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy “Q“ level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited Engineering program, or a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from an accredited program.
- Minimum five (2) or more years of applied experience in progressively challenging engineering roles in a technical or manufacturing environment.
- Existing DOE Q clearance preferred
- Ability to apply advanced design, development, evaluation, and quality control techniques to complex engineering projects.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making.
- Project or team leadership experience
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing or quality processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of earned value management systems and project management principles
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Lean Certification or Black Belt.
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview