Automotive Product Trainer
GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies' solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
GP Strategies engages in a wide variety of professionals to design and develop performance improvement/marketing programs for the Automotive OEMs.
GP Strategies has a need for an Automotive Product Trainer to lead the delivery of training, including sales, product knowledge and vehicle launch training. Training will be delivered throughout a semi regional territory of GM dealerships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction (remotely) of a Performance Coach and with support of the Senior Performance Coach and operations, this position contacts a territory of GM dealerships to facilitate training and improve sales consultant performance and application of product information. The trainer works with a comprehensive knowledge of the assigned brand, including products, vision and training priorities to conduct in-dealership training and coaching.
- Facilitate interactive training sessions in accordance with performance standards
- Responsible for performance improvement and product training within assigned dealerships
- Identify opportunities for coaching sales consultants to manage & overcome objections & put knowledge into practice
- Deliver extended learning with pre- & post- engagement activities & email communications
- Engage the Sales Manager with training debrief and promotion of new hire support
- Develop & manage schedule to support dealer needs while working with regional personnel on direction and priorities
- Conduct special training assignments & facilitate large group meetings as required
- Conduct launch training events as required
- Completes on-going brand study & competitive reviews
- Submit schedules, rosters, activity reports & complete other administrative duties according to performance standards
- Demonstrates an understanding of new technology and has the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to learn foundational Instructional Design principals.
- Passion for brand including the products, technology, craftsmanship and driving experience
- Possesses an understanding of the brand's essence, values & attributes
- Knowledge & understanding of customer experience
- Ability to create compelling customer benefit statements & understands that each customer interaction needs to be welcoming, professional & customized
- Ability to understand luxury processes, coach sales consultants & conduct assessments to improve effectiveness
- Understanding electric vehicle customer needs and technology
- Image & attire are in accordance with luxury brand standards
- 3-5 Retail Automotive Retail Sales or Automotive Brand Ambassador experience
- Understanding of automotive retail environment and ability to learn assigned product line and market strategy
- Possess a knowledge of basic truck fundamentals and trailering
- Understanding of performance vehicles, electric vehicle technology & customer needs
- Excellent PC skills with experience on mobile devices and tablets
- Strong organizational skills and ability to proactively develop schedules for dealer visits
- High School diploma required; degree preferred
- Can travel throughout territory with overnight travel required (3-4 nights per week at times)
GENERAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Light Work—Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Physical Activities—Reaching, sitting, driving, standing, stooping, lifting, walking, fingering (typing), grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Visual Acuity—Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, view computer monitors, and read.
- Requires visual acuity to view surroundings and identify potential hazards to safety while performing essential functions of the job. May need to view presentation screens and other visual aids in a classroom or other client setting.
- Visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle.
- General working Conditions—Both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions.
This Position Description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status