Admissions Specialist I
Division: Student Affairs
Reports to: Director of Admissions and First Year Experience
Positions Supervised: None
Location: Main Campus
Serve as the main contact for all admissions and enrollment related questions for Kansas City Kansas Community College. Oversee the Admissions front desk by providing professional customer service to our prospective, current, and international students, as well as the community, faculty, staff, and administration. Schedule meetings for the admissions team and serve as the point of contact for admissions conference room reservations. Assist international students with admissions. Contribute to other various projects as they arise and provide support to the Director of Admissions and First Year Experience. If applicable, serve as a translator for Spanish speaking students.
- Provide excellent customer service to prospective students/families, current students, international students, staff, and faculty sharing general information and referrals for services to appropriate college personnel, divisions, or departments.
- Serve as a resource to domestic and international students, faculty, and staff regarding the admissions process, international student requirements, and the enrollment process including applications for admission, financial aid, placement testing, student support services, and the location of campus offices.
- Assist students with the completion of applications and questions regarding the application process/status.
- Assist with international admissions.
- Promptly and professionally, answer phone calls and respond to admissions inbox email inquiries with accurate information.
- Process applications for admissions.
- Process HB2145 forms.
- Update the admissions and KCKCC campus (AdAstra) calendar with KCKCC campus-related events, student visits, tours, and campus activities/events.
- Maintain a current and updated list of college personnel and contact information.
- Produce the informational PowerPoint presentation for the Admissions Office lobby.
- Process and distribute incoming/outgoing mail.
- Receive, scan, and link student documents.
- Enter prospective student information into the admissions databases/systems.
- Generate student and student worker IDs.
- Ensure out of office responses are in place during college closings.
- Knowledge of admissions policies, procedures, and practices specific to the academic catalog, day/week regarding enrollment, drop/adds, withdrawals.
- Oversee inventory of office supply and promotional materials.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records and compliance with FERPA and other federal regulations.
- Assist with campus tours and college promotional events as needed.
- Operate the KCKCC operator system, maintain various voice message associated with holidays and College closings, and ensure correct contact extension information.
- Translation of promotional materials and other documents.
- Provide direct support to the Director of Admissions and First Year Experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions and First Year Experience.
Position Qualifications and/or Education
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two (2) years of customer service experience.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Associates Degree.
- Experience working in a professional office setting.
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking.
- Admissions experience.
- Knowledge of a higher educational system, especially community college atmosphere.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items.
40 hours per week, during Admissions regular hours of Monday – Thursday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Must be able to work a variable schedule/hours to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours.
Pay grade level: Grade 11
Compensation: Minimum - $33,293 Midpoint - $41,616
Employee category: Staff
Position Type: Full-Time
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Application Deadline/ To Apply: