Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED or educational equivalent
- 1-2 years' experience working in a medical or healthcare facility - preferred
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and tact in a variety of settings and situations.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to travel between customer facilities.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software and cell phone apps
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, or basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative.
At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, synergy, commitment, and partnership. We are committed to an environment where people can grow and develop and where innovative ideas and new approaches are valued. Be our newest team member!
This full-time position will be responsible for servicing the following facilities in the Topeka and Lawrence area starting at 6:00AM.
Under management direction, the On-Site Service Technician travels between customer facilities providing on-site placement and collection of Stericycle waste containers (based on the customer contract - Sharps, Rx, Haz, etc…) through a healthcare facility, as required or requested.
Service Technicians are an integral component of the Stericycle Sharps Management Service and will be rewarded for their hard work with an affordable, comprehensive and competitive benefits package designed to help team members and their families maintain a healthy life/work balance. We offer medical insurance within 60 days of hire, vision coverage, dental insurance, 401(k) Plan and Trust, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Your Protection, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Healthcare Flexible Spending Account, PTO/paid vacation time, paid holidays, personal days, sick days and paid funeral leave.
- Collection of Stericycle waste containers at assigned facilities
- Travels to client sites and to change out full containers
- Assists in proactively resolving customer service questions, problems, and issues.
- Lifting, extensive walking, and pulling/pushing heavy carts.
- Communicates duty status on a defined scheduled basis.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.