Position Summary/Career Interest
Earn more just by working weekends!
Nurses in our Premium Paid Weekend Shift Program earn an hourly bonus on top of their base rate.
We currently have an opening for Clinical Nurse on our Family & Internal Medicine PCU - HC7 unit for a PART TIME weekend premium on DAYSHIFT. (weekends at the bonus rate; additional day during the week at regular pay)
We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
FAMILY & INTERNAL MEDICINE PCU - HC7
This 32-bed telemetry progressive care unit specializes in Family Medicine and Internal Medicine. Patient diagnoses range anywhere from COPD exacerbations, pancreatitis, non-healing wounds, pulmonary emboli, etc. The top two patient diagnoses on the unit are heart failure exacerbations and sepsis.
This welcoming unit is fast paced but has exceptional teamwork and prides itself on taking care of one another while taking great care of patients. Time management and prioritization are needed and you can gain experience with stable trachs, PEG tubes, ostomies, catheters, and wound drains. We are always looking for proactive teamwork in this nurturing environment that provides the challenge you are looking for. Our nurse to patient ratio is normally 4:1.
A unique feature about this unit is the working relationship with the physicians. Several simulations have been completed including rapid response and code blue simulations. We pass the most medications, call the most behavioral and rapid responses out of any progressive care unit. If you like the buzz and movement similar of an ED environment, this might be the unit for you! This unit is also the only unit at the hospital to have their physicians shadow their nurses are a part of their orientation experience.
- The Clinical Nurse I provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population.
- Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- AHA BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- BSN Degree required for Patient Care Services
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required for Perioperative & Procedural Services
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required for Inpatient Acute Rehab
- For Perioperative & Procedures and Inpatient Acute Rehab, ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHA
- 6 months to 2 years experience as a Clinical Nurse
- BSN Degree for Perioperative & Procedural Services
- BSN Degree for Inpatient Acute Rehab